COVID-19 UPDATE – 24/03/20 – IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL STAKEHOLDERS
As the impacts of COVID-19 continue to impact and affect Australia we have now had to implement further changes to our business in order to protect the health and safety of our employees and our core business functions. As an essential business we will continue to operate but under strict protocols. As such please be aware of the following changes:
- All Public Weighbridge operations are to cease within 24 hours and effected customers have been contacted directly. Weighbridge operations will be reopened, however, currently we will review this on the 1st of May 2020.
- Our office is now shut to the public and all communication must be via phone or email
- There is a secure letterbox at the front of our business at 5 Stephen Place to drop any documents or packages
- All freight and logistic operations will be discussed further with affected parties to ensure compliance to government requirements and limit face to face interactions
- All meetings and site visits are now cancelled and where possible will be replaced by online methods.
- Growers delivering fruit to site must remain in their vehicle at all times and will be “waved” through the weighbridge when weighing.
- Social distancing must always be adhered to by any persons on site and the use of hand sanitiser along with regular handwashing will continue.
- All other measures previously introduced will continue.
Whilst we understand the above measure may not assist some of our stakeholders, unfortunately, we have no option but to implement such methods. If you have any questions or concerns about how this may affect yourself or your business, please contact us to discuss.
COVID-19 UPDATE – 16/03/20 – IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL STAKEHOLDERS
Due to the updates crisis now affecting Australia as a food manufacturer we find it now imperative we update all our customers on current changes put in place to limit any potential impact COVID-19 is likely to have on our business.
Please be advised of the following changes coming into immediate affect at all locations operated by Appledale Processors Co-Operative Limited.
- All non-essential business travel of our Employees will be restricted to further notice.
- All employees and contractors have been requested to stay at home and self-isolate after international travel as per government restrictions.
- Any employees and contractors who have symptoms relating to COVID-19 have been advised to remain at home and not attend work, they are to follow government restrictions and self-isolate as required and must obtain a negative COVID-19 test prior to returning to work.
- Further restrictions have been put in place to limit access to our processing areas, this means only employees and approved contractors will have access to our processing areas moving forward.
- Current cleaning measures will continue as per food area requirements
- In the unlikely event of an employee testing positive to COVID-19 who has had direct contact to our processing line after the onset of symptoms we will undertake further rigorous cleaning methods in all areas of our business to prevent further virus spread.
- Additional sanitization and safety products will be installed within areas of the business outside of the processing areas for use by all visitors to site.
- It is asked that non-essential visits to our sites outside of processing areas by customers, suppliers and sales teams is restricted to further notice. if a visit to site is essential than it is requested only employees of sound health are to visit our site.
Further to the above please be advised of the following:
- No employees or contractors of the company have advised that they have contracted COVID-19 nor have any employees undertaken international travel in the last 14 days.
- There has been 3 confirmed cases in Orange, however, the public has been advised that there has been no further contact to the community as those persons affect self-isolated as per government requirements.
- Currently the co-operative has not been impacted by stock restrictions relating to essential areas of the business, this may change depending on the time period that the virus lasts.
Whilst we understand that the current above restrictions may not assist some companies in their day to day operations the health and safety of our employees is paramount along with ensuring the continuing supply of our products to our customers. We will update all stakeholders accordingly as the effects of the virus progress and should there be any further changes to the business operations moving forward.
Should you have any questions please feel free to call our management team to discuss further.